18 Day Challenge

Friday, May 1, 2015

How Tina's 18 Day Challenge Changed My Life

Let me introduce myself:--I am April May, yes really. And no, my parents didn't do that to me, I married into it! I have three amazing kids and a wonderful husband...this is my Challenge Story.

The last year and a half of my life I was faced with some major health challenges during and following my pregnancy. My blood pressure was threw the roof, even after delivering my baby six weeks early. I was taking metformin for my PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) as my doctor informed me I was prediabetic. But, the worst of it by far was that I was experiencing major, crazy, postpartum depression. It was scary. I knew I should be happy as I held my miracle baby, against all odds...but I was miserable.

My husband planned a trip to Hawaii to cheer me up. It was planned for 9 months after my third pregnancy. The baby weight wasn't budging. I had a few friends tell me about Tina's 18 Day Challenge. I thought..there is no way. I can't pay for that right now, I have huge hospital bills and I am going to Hawaii. As I sunk more and more into depression, I realized I had to try something.

It was the best decision I have ever made regarding my health. Within 4 days of the challenge, my moods completely changed. My husband came home from work to a smiling wife and a (somewhat) clean house. I was back and better than ever!

I have now been following Tina's program for about 3 months. The inches are falling off me. My skin looks great and I am running (if you use that term loosely:) I have more energy than I have had in a decade. I am not counting down to my next "Cheat" meal...because I am not feeling deprived and craving anymore. Oh, and the best part? No more blood pressure meds, no more metformin... I am approaching 40 and HAPPY about it!

Ok! This picture is SO embarrassing but I will post my before picture for the IsaBodyChallenge. This was taken Feb 2nd.



 This next picture was 3 months later. Sorry, I need one in the same outfit, but I would really like to burn it after that first picture!

2 comments: